Friday 16 September 2011

Fell in Love with A Girl

I think I'm in love with Lana Del Rey



 Embracing the sixties makeup, flower power, hippy look which is a nice refreshing change to the 50's pin up/ kitsch look rolling around (bored) and the 70's festival chic that has flooded the high street last spring/summer (though I did enjoy the crochet, tan leather and tassles!)

As Vogue online and this months Company magazine have both cited, sixties is a strong makeup trend this autumn and has already been spotted on the catwalks at NYFW with DKNY and is expected to be seen in the Burberry shows at London FW. However the catwalk interpretation is a lot more subtle than the trends shown in Company who insist full on Twiggy eyeliner and pencilled in lashes is the way to go....

Twiggy 1960's model and icon
 Back to beautiful Lana...

Reminiscent of Andy Warhol's style of pop colours and repitition of images (think Marilyn Monroe..)
She is the 2011 answer to Brigitte Bardot;

All images courtesy Google

 Check out Lana's new single Video Games due for release in October.

What way are you going to interpret the sixties look this autumn/winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!