Bored on my lunchbreak and wanting something new that didn't break the bank I bought this Collection 2000 lipgloss. It has won the title of 'my favourite impulse buy recently', & I think I am in love. Having not been a lipgloss gal until recently, I thought I'd buy a cheapo one so if I didn't like it, it wouldn't be the end of the world!!
First off I'll start with a couple of negatives.
1) The packaging. Collection 2000, I know you're cheap but you don't have to look cheap! Hideous, would have been more appealing in simple black packaging. I'm not too bothered though, because it was only £3 and I suppose the bright colours stand out when rumaging through handbag/makeup bag. Why the graffiti style writing though? Maybe to appeal to a younger crowd!
2) I really hate it when brands make claims that it is literally impossible to live up to. Lock N' Hold claims to wear for 6 hours. I wouldn't expect luxury Lauder or Dior lipglosses to live up to that mark. 6 hours, for a lip GLOSS? We all know they're not hugely long wearing and reapplication is a contract we enter into when we buy said product. I'd say this lipgloss lasts comfortably for an hour and a half. After that, the gloss has gone but a slight pink pigmentation remains.
1) Two-three coats of this lipgloss creates a beautiful opague, pink gloss. The undertones are cool lilacs/blues so also quite flattering to the teeth.
2) The formula isn't sticky, it doesn't irritate me. It glides on smoothly in application.
3) The gloss isn't too wet looking. It provides a nice sheen without looking like I'm drooling which I think some lipglosses can look like (ha ha!)
4) I think it looks like a gloss dupe for M.A.C. St Germain, can anyone else see the similarities? I would never choose to wear St Germain in lipstick form, but this is the right amount of pigmentation and gloss.
What do you think?
Have you bought this gloss, or tried any of the other colours from this range? I'd be interested to know what the other shades look like on!