Friday 8 June 2012

Estee Lauder 'Bronze Goddess'

Estee Lauder 'Bronze Goddess' Eau De Parfum, £40 for 100ml.


I'm a bit late with this one (apologies!), but I thought I'd review it anyway because it's so gorgeous (and will be released again next year for those interested)!

'Bronze Goddess' seems to have become somewhat of a cult product, people look forward to it's spring release each year and will repurchase each time. At only £40 for 100ml of scent it's also good value for money!

The packaging is a rectangular transparent bottle with a stunning sprinkling of gold glitter that is heavily condensed at the base of the bottle and disperses upwards, gradually fading to complete transparancy. The 'Bronze Goddess' lettering is gold as is the spray pump and any other features. It's a bit too heavy and bulky to carry around in my bag, but aside from that I do love the bottle.

As mentioned in my 'May Favourites' video, I've been choosing very light and feminine scents at the moment (which is a bit unlike me!) and Bronze Goddess fits into this category perfectly. The scent itself is one of those 'holiday in a bottle' smells that I couldn't dream of wearing during winter but is perfect for summer or to be used on holiday. It's light and very sweet, very feminine. The obvious note is its sweet coconut smell (it contains both coconut oil and coconut cream). According to the Estee Lauder website there's also notes of magnolia, jasmine, sandalwood, mandarin and orange flower buds.

Along with the original 'Bronze Goddess' release this year they brought out 'Bronze Goddess Capri' which is also Limited Edition, it's a slightly more intense scent which is exotic and citrusy. It's just as gorgeous!

What I like most about this scent is that it will appeal to women of all ages. I find with other EL fragrances that they are a bit too distinctive and heavy to appeal to a younger crowd, and a bit too old fashioned ('Beautiful' gives me a headache!).

 Overall, I really rate this perfume! It's going to be the perfume for my summer.


4 comments:

  1. That bottle is stunning. I bought the other Bronze Goddess last year (cant remember the exact name) I kept reading about how it smelt like suncream and holidays but it doesnt, I was really disappointed. Serves me right for ordering a bottle without having a sniff first.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this product before, I love the deign of the bottle. I go by the EL counter quite a bit so next time I'm there I'll see if they have it and have a smell :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!